Bluesky welcomes all our visitors from around the Globe and we’re happy to offer you voice, sms and data roaming services across the Islands of Samoa.
We have reliable 3G mobile coverage on both Upolu and Savaii and our GSM network operates on a 900 MHz frequency. Most high-end (Tri/Quad) phones are compatible with our network.
Note, that your roaming rates are determined by your home service provider.
Please ensure to have your roaming access activated with your service provider before you leave for Samoa and be sure to stay in touch with your families and friends back home on the same number whilst visiting our shores.
Selecting BLUESKY NETWORK
NETWORK NAME: Samoatel GO
- If your number fails to roam automatically on Bluesky Samoa network, you will need to manually select from your device settings.
- If roaming still doesn’t work, please contact our Customer Service Team on 121.
Bluesky Roaming services are available for our Bluesky pure postpaid subscribers where Bluesky has roaming coverage.
Our Sales and Customer Services team will best assist you with our roaming services.
How do I activate my Roaming access?
Contact your Bluesky Sales Executive or our Sales Support team on 67788 to activate this service.
Check that your payment is up to date and your security deposit handy.
What services are available while roaming?
Make and receive voice calls
Send and receive text messages
Access your emails and the Internet (Mobile Data)
Customers get to use the same number while abroad as a convenient way of staying in touch with your families and friends as if you’re in Samoa. Special rates may apply for roaming in certain destinations.
Roaming Services may incur very high charges and you’re encouraged to roam on our preferred networks whilst abroad by manually selecting from your mobile device.
Please note that these are approximated prices, which are subject to change due to fluctuations in the exchange rates.
For more information or assistance with international roaming rates, Call 123 or your Sales Executive.
Tips and Tricks on Roaming
>Be sure to check coverage your roaming destination and preferred network by clicking on this link or with our team, prior to travelling.
>Be sure to check on the type of phone you’re taking with you and its roaming compatibility
|Pacific||900 MHz||900 MHz/Dual/Tri/Quad Band|
|Europe||1800 MHz||1800 MHz/Dual/Tri/Quad Band|
|USA||1900 MHz||1900 MHz/Dual/Tri/Quad Band|
>Be sure to set the ‘Network Selection’ option on your Phone Settings to ‘Manual’ in order to select the preferred roaming network on our coverage list as most times the ‘Automatic’ feature does not work abroad in a low signal areas.
>Be sure to select our preferred network(s) to avoid Bill Shocks.
Network Selection Instructions vary from phone to phone, please refer table.
|Roaming activation step by step on each Handset|
|For Android (Some Sony, HTC & Samsung Galaxy phones)||All iPhones||Most Nokia & Sony Ericsson phones||BlackBerry OS 6 or above|
|Open the Applications menu and tap Settings||Tap Settings||From the Menu, tap Settings||From the Menu, select Options or Manage Connections|
|Tap Mobile network||Tap General||Tap Connectivity||Select Networks and Connections|
|Tap Data roaming||Tap Network||Tap Settings||Select Mobile Network|
|If you don’t want to use data abroad, change Data roaming to Never. If you want to use data abroad, change Data roaming to Automatic||Switch Data roaming to off or on||If you don’t want to use data abroad, change Data use when abroad to WLAN only or the other way round if you want to use your data abroad||Select On/Off next to While Roaming|
|If you switch roaming to automatic, you’ll see the message: Allow data roaming? You may incur significant roaming charges! Tap OK (IF NEEDED)|
>Making Calls While Roaming
- Calling a number within the visited country
- Dial the area code followed by the landline number
- Dial only the mobile number
- To make an international call while roaming
- Dial + before the Country code of the destination country, area code (if applicable) then landline number
- Dial + the Country code of the destination country then mobile number.
>Receiving Calls While Roaming
- Callers from Samoa need to dial the Bluesky Roaming number in the same manner as they’re dialling locally.
- Both calling and roaming customer will be charged for this call, unless mentioned otherwise on the downloadable list.
- Unanswered calls will automatically be diverted to your voicemail
- You will be charged when retrieving your voicemail messages.
- You may request to deactivate this Call Forwarding feature.