Bluesky Samoa offers you our voice, sms and data roaming services.
We have reliable 3G mobile coverage on both Upolu and Savaii and our GSM network operates on a 900 MHz frequency. Most high-end (Tri/Quad) phones are compatible with our network.
Bluesky welcomes all our visitors from around the Globe. Note, that your roaming rates are determined by your home service provider.
Please ensure to have your roaming access activated with your service provider before you leave for Samoa and be sure to stay in touch with your families and friends back home on the same number whilst visiting our shores.
Selecting BLUESKY NETWORK
NETWORK NAME: Samoatel GO
If your number is on a prepaid or postpaid capped plan and you wish to roam, please contact our Sales Support team on 67788.
Check that your payment is up to date and your security deposit handy.
What services are available while roaming?
Customers get to use the same number while abroad as a convenient way of staying in touch with your families and friends as if you’re in Samoa. Special rates may apply for roaming in certain destinations.
Roaming Services may incur very high charges and you’re encouraged to roam on our preferred networks whilst abroad.
Please note that these are approximated prices, which are subject to change due to fluctuations in the exchange rates.
For more information or assistance with international roaming rates, Call 123 or your Sales Executive.
Tips and Tricks on Roaming
>Be sure to check coverage in your roaming destination and preferred network by clicking on this link or with our team, prior to traveling.
>Be sure to check on the type of phone you’re taking with you and its roaming compatibility
>Be sure to set the ‘Network Selection’ option on your Phone Settings to ‘Manual’ in order to select the preferred roaming network on our coverage list as most times the ‘Automatic’ feature does not work abroad in a low signal areas.
>Be sure to select our preferred network(s) to avoid Bill Shocks.
Network Selection Instructions vary from phone to phone, please refer table.
>Making Calls While Roaming
- Calling a number within the visited country
- Dial the area code followed by the landline number
- Dial only the mobile number
- To make an international call while roaming
- Dial + before the Country code of the destination country, area code (if applicable) then landline number
- Dial + the Country code of the destination country then mobile number.
>Receiving Calls While Roaming
- Callers from Samoa need to dial the Bluesky Roaming number in the same manner as they’re dialling locally.
- Both calling and roaming customer will be charged for this call, unless mentioned otherwise on the downloadable list.
- Unanswered calls will automatically be diverted to your voicemail
- You will be charged when retrieving your voicemail messages.
- You may request to deactivate this Call Forwarding feature.