Position Title: Product Development Specialist
Role Status: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Maluafou – Samoa
Reports to: Chief Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial
The role is to manage the allocated product portfolio and monitor the performance of specific revenue lines. Accountable for the product life cycle, new idea generation and managing product profitability. Responsible for the development of concepts, new products, managing its planning process and implementation. The role is to contribute to the overall growth of the portfolio.
Key Accountabilities and Results Areas
|· Develop and implement product strategies to support portfolio and business plans|
|· Analysing of product performance vs competition|
|· The effective and efficient performance of product duties including monitoring, reporting and management.|
|· Understand customer behaviour through business intelligence & analytics.
· Generate and collect new product ideas and concepts and identify opportunities for product development.
· Conduct internal and external research and recommend the marketing approach, including the promotion or advertisement, pricing, distribution etc.
· Tracking of product behaviour and ensuring the sustainability and growth
· In conjunction with Chief Commercial Officer, work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Finance and Technical Operations teams to:
i. Understand product revenue and cost.
ii. Analyse product / market performance, issues and opportunities.
iii. Proactively identify opportunities for revenue growth and cost reduction.
iv. Ensure configuration of existing products to yield revenue and/or cost reduction from target customers.
v. Plan and execute campaigns for penetration and usage increases.
· Central point of contact for new product ideas, suggestions and processing these through for decision making.
· Organize product demonstrations as required.
· Ensure end to end delivery of the product, from conceptualizing to execution in the market.
· Provides weekly updates and feedback reports on product lines and when required by the Chief Commercial Officer or Director.
· Carry out business case and feasibility studies on new product opportunities as they arise
· Track of all products within the development process
· Escalates issues/barriers encountered on projects handled. Understands how to manage risks, factors that influence cost, schedule and performance.
· Monitor product portfolio vs competition
· Undertake other duties as and when directed within the scope of the role and capabilities of the incumbent and abide by all relevant policies, procedures, standards and legislation as they apply to the position.
Key Stakeholder Relationships
|Internal Stakeholders:||· Marketing
· Customer Service
· Technical & Billing
|External Stakeholders:||· Customers
· Companies & Organisations
· Government, corporations & relevant authorities
Key Requirements and Competencies
|Qualifications/ Experience:||· Bachelor of Commerce/Business (Marketing) Accounting or related field
· Bachelors / diploma in Information system would be an added advantage OR
· Work experience of 2 years and more in a similar role.
|Knowledge/ Skills /Ability:||Essential
· Demonstrated practical experience in product application development and planning.
· Proven knowledge or experience in product promotion and advertising
· Strong analytical skills to interpret and analyze market and customer usage data preferably telecommunications
· Strong financial /commercial acumen including the development of business plans and associated relationships resulting in the delivery of cost-effective solutions.
· Sound knowledge of telecommunications products and services
· Ability to present and dialogue with management /Director/VP level audiences.
|Organisational Competencies:||· Customer Service – Treats all customers courteously; is responsive to customer requests and elicits feedback from them to monitor their satisfaction; considers both the short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions; proactively identifies customer needs and takes responsibility for resolving customer complaints in a timely manner.
|· Learning Agility – Demonstrates a personal learning orientation; seeks and constructively uses feedback to build on strengths and manage weaknesses; is curious and shares learning, and in doing so creates an expectation in others to seek and learn from experiences.
|· Building Collaborative Relationships – Exhibits an ability to cooperate and collaborate with colleagues across Telecom to achieve shared goals; develops and maintains a range of internal and external networks to meet organisational objectives; looks for opportunities to support colleagues.
|· Self Management – Sets personal goals in line with business unit plans; takes responsibility for prioritising own work; looks for opportunities to improve performance; is passionate about achieving results.
|· Continuous Improvement – Looks for opportunities to apply continuous improvement practices / principles in their work area; responds to suggestions from others; applies new learning so as to improve individual and team performance.
|Business Compliance:||Ensure a sound understanding and
· demonstrate commitment to and comply with all legislation and Bluesky policy relevant to the role and all activities undertaken in the role
· ethical performance in an effort to maintain a high standard of conduct expected and deserved by our customers and to enable the Company to continue to offer its services and comply with our Bluesky Code of Ethics and Conduct.
|Health and Safety:||· Undertake all work in a safe manner and follow all company and workplace health and safety procedures
· Identify new hazards and advise manager or workplace Health and Safety representative/coordinator within 24 hours of identification
· Accurately report incidents and accidents to manager or workplace Health and Safety representative/coordinator as soon as possible.
Vision, Purpose, Values, & Way
|Our Vision||Our Purpose||Our Values||The Bluesky Way|
|To be the most recognised
and preferred company for
connecting our Pacific
communities around the
|We apply technology and
service excellence to
advance and improve the
lives of our customers
|· Customer first
· Team work
· Positive attitude and smile!
|We take ownership and
always do our best for
We respect and support