Position Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Role Status: Full Time
Location: Maluafou, Samoa
Reports to: Chief Commercial Offcier
Business Unit: Marketing
Responsible for coordinating all communication output within Bluesky Samoa. Deliver end to end campaign planning for Brand and Product advertising and manage outdoor and retail branding for the Company nation-wide. Responsible to deliver and meet Brand KPI’s
Key Accountabilities and Results Areas
• Developing effective Brand & product communication strategies
• Managing internal & external communications
• Coordinating media, PR, Online and websites
• Develop effective Brand. Product & service communication strategies
• Manage internal & external communications
• Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
• Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
• Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
• Making sure that branding guideline are followed through all communication by vetting all materials.
• Create and conduct presentations to ensure the brand, products & services and culture of the brand are understood and adopted.
• Manage with advertising and sales promotion agencies for design and implementation of effective communication plans.
• Plan, monitor and execute demand generation programs across business units.
• Plan and execute advertising campaign through interactive communication and direct marketing
• Lead and execute strategies and tactics to ensure the delivery of agreed targets for the brand
• Manage agency relationships by giving direction to agencies for the development of creative.
• Manage media and the effectiveness of the same
• Work with stakeholders in taking campaigns to market
• Introduce new creative merchandise and POSM for all promotions, Roadshow team and events.
• Support Sponsorship teams by delivery of branding materials and ground setup plan for execution with the help of the agency.
• Management of outdoor and retail branding nation-wide
• Manage budget
• Work with COO on all projects
Key Stakeholder Relationships
|Internal Stakeholders:||· Sales
· Customer Service
· Finance team
· Administration teams
|External Stakeholders:||· Customers
· General Public
Key Requirements and Competencies
|Qualifications/ Experience:||· Masters Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field
· At least 2 years in Advertising/Brand/ Marketing would be an added advantage
· Telecommunications experience preferred
|Knowledge/ Skills /Ability:||· Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage
· Experience in advertising agencies will be an added advantage
· In depth experience in Promotions and Advertising.
· Strong interpersonal and people skills.
· Must possess the ability to make consistent quality decisions.
· Must be self – motivated and able to work independently
· Willing to travel extensively locally and work within strict deadlines
|Organisational Competencies:||Customer Service – Even in the most difficult situations, elicits feedback from customers; creates strategies to help Bluesky serve customers more effectively; considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions, and takes risks to serve these interests; creates strategies to help Bluesky service customers more effectively.|
|Learning Agility – Demonstrates and advocates a personal learning orientation; seeks and constructively uses feedback to build on strengths and manage weaknesses; is curious and shares learning, and in doing so creates an expectation in others to seek and learn from experiences.|
|Building Collaborative Relationships – Exhibits an ability to cooperate and collaborate with colleagues across Bluesky to achieve shared goals; develops and maintains a range of internal and external networks to meet organisational objectives; proactively removes barriers to create teamwork amongst diverse groups.|
|People Management – Sets clear expectations in light of organisational strategy; coaches, motivates and develops others to build high performing teams; manages and removes barriers to performance; is passionate about achieving results through people and inspires others in Bluesky to be their best.|
|Continuous Improvement – Applies continuous improvement practices/principles at the individual, team and organisational levels to create an environment of challenge
and learning so as to accelerate organisational efficiencies, particularly in end to end processes.