Position Title: Legal Counsel
Role Status: Full Time Employee – Fixed term contract (2 years)
Location: Maluafou, Samoa
Reports to: Country Manager of Bluesky Samoa
Business Unit: General Administration
Date: April 2017
Reporting to the Country Manager of Samoa, the Legal Counsel is responsible for managing the provision of legal services to Bluesky Samoa Limited, including providing legal advice to management, manage the outsourcing of assignments to external counsel, prepare contracts and other legal documents as required, managing the provision of trustee services for employee trust, preparing leases and provide advice on land law issues facing the company, contributing to corporate planning, assist with debt recovery, development of company policy, strategic initiatives and risk management. The role also assists with the provision of legal services to other Bluesky Group entities and to Group projects and working with external legal Counsel. Bluesky Cook Islands Legal Counsel will also provide functional legal support and supervision of Bluesky Samoa Legal Counsel during new hire transition and probationary period.
· Contracts – including negotiation, drafting and review of contracts entered into by the Company.
· Prepare land leases and advise on land law issues facing the company.
· Insurance – including annual review and roll out.
· Debt recovery litigation and other litigation as necessary.
· Advise on employment matters.
· Advise on the distribution and marketing of products and services.
· Manage the outsourcing of assignments to external counsel
· Company liaison with Office of the Regulator.
· Manage Company compliance with regulatory requirements
· Manage regulatory processes, prepare submissions
· Attend to regulatory filings.
· Oversee provision of trustee services for employee share trust
· Member of the executive management team contributing to the overall management of business operations.
· Create and supervise maintenance of contracts database
· Create contract management processes across […]